- Posts: 16
- Liked: never
- Joined: Apr 18, 2012 3:35 pm
Just thought I'd sanity check this!
We have 2 sites in question, both with vSphere 5, and latest Veeam.
Essentially these are 2 completely independent sites. Each site has its own Veeam server and backs up locally to their respective repositories.
At Site A we provide an offsite backup service via high speed VPN. We have added Site B's VC into Veeam and backup Site B's VM's over the link.
Single Veeam server (VM) at both sites
What makes me think something can be done better?
1. When the offsite backups are running, the job rate reported is very slow - like 3-500kbps. However, the VPN which is capped at 10Mbps is showing traffic at a much higher rate than that?
2. There is always the error in the logs No available proxies are running on ESX(i) management interface subnet. Using proxies from a different subnet, performance may be impacted. Proxy selection in all jobs is set to Auto.
If you need more infrastructure info please let me know, but otherwise, does this look like anything should be investigated?
- Veeam Software
- Posts: 18291
- Liked: 1568 times
- Joined: Jul 11, 2011 10:22 am
- Full Name: Alexander Fogelson
However, the more recommended approach to address this scenario is using backup copy jobs, designed specifically with offsite backup in mind.
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 12 guests