Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
cyberswb
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Shawn Barnhart

Determine next run time for backup copy job?

Post by cyberswb »

I've started using the Backup Copy job type more often and it works great for creating long-term archives.

One thing that's frustrated me, though, is determining when exactly the next run time for a Backup Copy job will occur, especially if the copy interval is a relatively long time. The "Next run" field in the job list is just listed as "Continuous".

I know, I could "do the math" on the job history and sort it out manually, I'm just curious if there's some way to get Veeam to actually tell me the exact day in which it is scheduled.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Determine next run time for backup copy job?

Post by veremin »

Backup copy job is continuous in nature. Most of time it's sitting and waiting for a new restore point to appear. As new restore point to copy can appear in any time (imagine manual job execution, schedule changes, etc.) within sync interval, next run of backup copy job is unpredictable. Thanks.
spittles.adam
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Adam Spittles

Re: Determine next run time for backup copy job?

Post by spittles.adam »

You set the date and time it runs when creating the job. I use backup copies daily, my backup window starts at 1730 so my backup copy is set to start at 1730 daily. When it reaches 1730 the backup copy starts it's interval and looks for restore points up to 24 hours old, if it finds them it copies them, the effect is as a backup job completes, the backup copy gets to work. When the next day hits process is repeated. Easy.

A