Discussions specific to the VMware vSphere hypervisor
- Posts: 132
- Liked: 13 times
- Joined: Apr 26, 2013 4:53 pm
- Full Name: Dan Swartzendruber
Just a couple of questions here (sanity checking). I just discovered Direct NFS Access. I am seeing backup performance several times better than NBD (this is over 10gb ethernet). I see that DNA won't work for running Windows guests if Vmware Tools Quiescence is enabled. I currently back up using container mode (specifying the entire NFS datastore). This is my proposed solution:
1. Add the 3 Windows machines explicitly (along with the NFS container - presumably it won't back them up twice?)
2. Enabled Application Aware Processing, and set explicit credentials for each of the 3 machines, so veeam B&R can deploy the guest proxy.
Does this make sense? Thanks!
- Veeam Software
- Posts: 17787
- Liked: 1489 times
- Joined: Jul 11, 2011 10:22 am
- Full Name: Alexander Fogelson
Correct, with VMware tools quiescence enabled, Direct NFS will not be used
for Windows VMs with VMware Tools installed. You need to enable application-aware image processing for them. You can disable AAIP for other VMs via guest processing advanced settings, if required.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests