- Posts: 398
- Liked: 3 times
- Joined: Feb 01, 2012 12:04 pm
- Full Name: Mario
I want to unify the backup method and use Veeam as the dafault backup.
Is there any known issue if, for a limited time (days or weeks) the same VM is backed up at different times either from Symantec BESR and Veeam B&R?
- Posts: 355
- Liked: 62 times
- Joined: Dec 08, 2014 2:58 pm
- Full Name: Steve Krause
Since Veeam is an image level backup at the hypervisor level you should be good. I have a few legacy servers backed up with Veeam that still have System Recovery installed/running and have not seen an issue with Veeam. Of course, I have not had to recover anything with Symantec in my time here (and I am not sure anyone who worked here previously has had to either to be honest).
Your amount of change blocks might be a little higher if System Recovery is flagging files but I would imagine you won't see a huge difference.
Veeam Certified Architect
- Veeam Software
- Posts: 15077
- Liked: 1133 times
- Joined: Oct 26, 2012 3:28 pm
- Full Name: Vladimir Eremin
- making sure that both backup activities do not overlap
- only application taking care about specific VSS operations (if, of course, VM runs Exchange, AD or similar) such as log truncation, etc.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests