- Posts: 87
- Liked: 6 times
- Joined: Apr 20, 2018 8:12 am
- Full Name: Mats Holm
We have several ESX servers that are connected to vCenter using IP adress. We now need to change these to FQDN so they will be disconnected and then connected again using FQDN. All VM's are using tags to be incroporated in Veeam backup jobs so they wil ldo a new Full when the job starts.
Is there any way to "fool" Veeam so we can continue the current backup chain?
The problem is:
- A new Full bakcup will create a new chain taking up a lot of storage on local repositories
- A new Full will aslso mean a full copy over slow WAN links
- Product Manager
- Posts: 23844
- Liked: 1746 times
- Joined: Mar 30, 2009 9:13 am
- Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov
If you re-register VMs in the virtual infrastructure, they will receive a new moref ID, thus full backup will be created. As a workaround, you can migrate VMs from one host to another, rename the host, add it back and migrate VMs (via vCenter Server functionality) to the original location.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests