- Posts: 2
- Liked: never
- Joined: May 19, 2017 1:35 am
When setting up a new backup repository within Veeam Backup and Replication v9.5.1038 (aka Update 2) running on a Win2012R2 (fully patched and current 5/18/17 VM) - SMB/CIFS (it's a Synology DS414, ARM, v6.1.1-15101 Update 2 (2017-05-5)), I constantly get the error "Failed to get disk free space".
This happens every time, after reboots, and the following is known:
1. Happens with 'requires access creds' or not
2. Happens with a new account and a new share on the Synology NAS and with known-good older shares and credentials
3. Same share with same credentials worked with prior install of B&R 9.5
4. Not that it matters at this stage (adding CIFS/SMB storage) but the environment is VMware ESXi 6.5 (5310538). vCenter is 18.104.22.16800.
5 Synology has min-SMB1, max-SMB3. Oplocking off.
6. I'm trying to attach via "Add Backup Repository / NEXT / 'Shared Folder' / \\192.168.1.81\backups / (add known good credentials) / keep automatic selection
Then I get the error every time: "Failed to get disk free space".
Clicking BROWSE within the New Backup Repository shows "Loading devices .... Last error: The service has not been started".
- Veeam Software
- Posts: 18037
- Liked: 1533 times
- Joined: Jul 11, 2011 10:22 am
- Full Name: Alexander Fogelson
- Posts: 1
- Liked: never
- Joined: Jun 01, 2017 8:28 pm
- Full Name: Steve Mettraux
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests