- Posts: 3
- Liked: never
- Joined: Jun 05, 2014 6:53 am
I need to do a failover for 2-3 weeks to a DR site.
What is the best practice to do this (from a data-loss and downtime perspective)?
1) Permanent failover to DR site after failover?
2) Failback to production after 2-3 weeks?
- Product Manager
- Posts: 23858
- Liked: 1751 times
- Joined: Mar 30, 2009 9:13 am
- Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov
I would not recommend running your VMs on a snapshot for 2-3 weeks, that's gonna be painful at the end for your VMs when they start to commit their snapshots. I would recommend doing permanent failover, and then use replication jobs (map to existing production VMs) with permanent failover again to get all the changes back to production.
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 27 guests