Fizzer wrote:The new feature I would like, is to be able to turn off the Virtual machine checking for some VM's during the surebackup startup, thus speeding things up.
Fizzer wrote:I know surebackup is designed to check that your VM backup is good, however the nice 'side effect' is that it also allows me to boot all my Sharepoint virtual machines in an isolated environment so I can perform an item level restore.
The new feature I would like, is to be able to turn off the Virtual machine checking for some VM's during the surebackup startup, thus speeding things up.
rbrambley wrote:Here's another alternative to try with they way Surebackup works now:
1. create (or reduce your current) application group to just the DC and SQL VMs
2. create a new Surebackup job
3. choose the reduced App Group on the Application Group page of the wizard
4. On the Backup Jobs screen (the next one) check the box to link backups and pick a backup job with your Sharepoint VMs
5. Be sure to change the "process simultaneously up to" field at the bottom to 4 VMs (in your case)
6. Finish and try the job
The Backup Jobs screen does not use the "stabilization" by default (click the advanced button if you want to) like the Application Group settings.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests