Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
miyu.masuda
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: miyu masuda

File download (SSBP/v12) requires EM provider privileges

Post by miyu.masuda »

After upgrading to v12, when a file download is executed on SSBP (or Veeam Plugin for VCD), authentication of EM provider privileges is required.
This issue occurs when a file download is executed with VCD tenant privileges on SSBP (or Veeam Plugin for VCD).

Since the behavior differs slightly between a file download is executed on SSBP and Veeam Plugin for VCD, I explain them separately.
But having said that, the result is the same: EM provider privileges needs to be authenticated when a file download is executed. 

In the case of SSBP
① Log in to SSBP with VCD tenant privileges and download the file.
② In the file restore history, the file download task becomes "success", but the file is not downloaded to the download folder.
③ When the "download" button displayed in the restore log is clicked, the screen transitions to the EM login screen (provider portal).

In the case of Veeam Plugin for VCD
① Log in to VCD with tenant privileges, use the plugin to move to the Veeam portal, and execute the file download.
② In the file restore history, the file download task becomes "success", but the file is not downloaded to the download folder.
③ When the "download" button displayed in the restore log is clicked, the VCD tenant user is asked to authenticate EM provider privileges. 

In addition, it seems that the link destination address of  ③ "download" button is different as follows.
v11a: https://<EM host>:9443/vCloud/<ORG name>/ZipDownload.ashx?sid=xxxxxx
v12: https://<EM host>:9443/api/ZipDownload/Download?sessionId=xxxxxx

v11a, a file download could be execute with VCD tenant privileges. I was never asked to authenticate EM provider privileges.
This issue occurs after upgrading to v12.

Is this a bug?

Case #05921320
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: File download (SSBP/v12) requires EM provider privileges

Post by Mildur »

Hi Miyu

Unfortunately the case is not in english.
But I can see that a hotfix was provided.
Please let me know if the hotfix helped in your case.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software