Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
lobo519
Veteran
Liked: 38 times

Groups of VMs taking hours to process

Post by lobo519 »

Support ID 03111781

Since upgrading to U3 our backup jobs are taking significantly longer. Most process OK but it seems to go in spurts of 4-5 VMs where it will take around 2 hours to process a VM. Probably 4 or 5 groups of these problematic VMs. Often there is little to zero change on these particular VMs. It also is not consistent which VMs are having the issue. Saturday night on particular VM took about 2 hours to process and the following night processed without issue. Just about the same amount of changed data between the two and one volume - had no changes either night.

For example, a VM with a single 80gb disk took 2:00:59 to process. 0.0 B read at 0 Kb/s [CBT]

Support seems to be blaming my hardware / config because I was forced to rebuild the OS / config from scratch and only now am seeing this behavior. But the real change, was update 3. Not previously running update 3. My config is very basic and NOTHING change with the direct attached storage I am using.

Help?
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: Groups of VMs taking hours to process

Post by PTide »

Hi,

As I can see from the support case the engineer is still working with you on the issue and is waiting for diskspd test results. Please keep us posted.

Thank you