Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
PAGIN
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Pagin

Is possible to downgrade transport service version?

Post by PAGIN »

Hi All,
I have Veeam B&R version 9.5 Update 4, exactly 9.5.4.2866 working as Veeam client. Becasue of errors as below I installed on Veeam client following Veeam update: KB2875 - veeam_backup_9.5.4.2866.update4b_KB2875.exe. That update changed transport service version on Veeam B&R client from 2866 to 2875 which I was not aware earlier
Because of transport version change one of my backup jobs stopped to work reporting that transport service version on Veeam server is different (older) that transport service version on my Veeam client. My Veeam client tries to update transport version on Veeam server to new one but fails as other Veeam clients uses old transport version.
My question is: how to downgrade transport version on my Veeam client to old 2866 one and restore configuration to time before KB2875 installation?
I have no access to Veeam server
Regards

Code: Select all

4/21/2022 7:00:35 AM :: Processing <VM_name_here> Error: Failed to open VDDK disk [[<host_name_here> - <storage_name_here>] <VM_name_here>_replica/<VM_name_here>-000002.vmdk] ( is read-only mode - [false] )
Logon attempt with parameters [VC/ESX: [<IP_address_here>];Port: 902;Login: [root];VMX Spec: [moref=48];Snapshot mor: [48-snapshot-8298];Transports: [nbd];Read Only: [false]] failed because of the following errors:
Failed to open disk for write.
Failed to download disk.
Shared memory connection was closed.
Failed to upload disk.
Agent failed to
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Is possible to downgrade transport service version?

Post by Mildur »

Hi Pagin

You are using an End Of Support version of Veeam. Any reason you can't update to a supported one?
The KB was also removed: https://www.veeam.com/kb2875
Are you talking about a Veeam Proxy (Veeam Client doesn't exist as a component)?
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Post by PetrM »

Hi Pagin,

In addition to Fabian's suggestion, please open a support case as requested when you click New Topic. As explained there, we cannot troubleshoot technical issues over the forum posts. All posts about technical issues without case ID will be deleted by forum moderator eventually. You can also upload debug logs as per the instruction of this KB and paste case ID over here for our reference.

Speaking about the error from your post, it does not seem to be related to the transport service version but to a failed attempt to read a virtual disk over VADP, anyway I'd let our engineers to work on it. Also, I don't recommend to add one Veeam B&R server into Backup Infrastructure of another Veeam B&R server, two different Veeam B&R servers must function independently.

Thanks!
PAGIN
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Pagin

Post by PAGIN »

Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies
Yes, I know that it is old Veeam version but I can not update it. I do not have access to whole infrastructure
My Veeam installed product is (info read on HELP-->ABOUT path in Veeam program):
Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 4, Part of Veeam Availability Suite, Version: 9.5.4.2866
I am not sure what type of product it is. I can be Veeam B&R server which communicates with other Veeam B&R server

Support contract for my product already expired.
Is possible to open support case without active support contract? How?

The aim of my first post is not to solve error which I posted (Error: Failed to open VDDK disk... ) but bring to run job which stopped to run after installing KB2875 update
Job which stopped to run copies backups from my Veeam server to another remote Veeam server
That job reports following following errors:

Code: Select all

Backup files health check has been completed
Failed to verify backup file metadata Error: Product components installed on <here_remote_Veeam_backup_server_name> have older version (9.5.4.2868) than the current product version (9.5.4.2866) and must be updated.
Processing <here_VM1_name> Error: Product components installed on <here_remote_Veeam_backup_server_name) have older version (9.5.4.2868) than the current product version (9.5.4.2866) and must be updated.
Processing <here_VM2_name> Error: Product components installed on MELOBSP01 <here_remote_Veeam_backup_server_name) (9.5.4.2868) than the current product version (9.5.4.2866) and must be updated.
Processing <here_VM3_name> Error: Product components installed on MELOBSP01 <here_remote_Veeam_backup_server_name) (9.5.4.2868) than the current product version (9.5.4.2866) and must be updated.
Error: Product components installed on <here_remote_Veeam_backup_server_name) have older version (9.5.4.2868) than the current product version (9.5.4.2866) and must be updated. The job has been automatically disabled due to too many failures. Please fix all issues preventing the job from running before re-enabling it.
Becasue of these errors server disabled that job to run automatically

Br, Wojtek
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Post by Gostev »

No, it's not possible to open support case without an active support contract.
And as explained when you click New Topic, this is not a support forum.
So I'm locking this thread. Thank you for understanding.