- Posts: 7
- Liked: never
- Joined: Nov 16, 2012 11:27 am
- Full Name: Simone
I have a question to ask.
I have a cluster based on vSphere 4.1.
Cluster nodes are composed of 3 ProLiant BL460c G6 with sas card.
The servers are interconnected to a p200g3 sas vai sas switches.
I installed veeam applliance mode in order to take the advantage of the hot add.
Unfortunately, the average speed of the backup is 9 mb so I think that the backup travel across the network.
Looking at the following post http://forums.veeam.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4819
it says :
Hot Add transport is not supported for backup VM server with SAS adapters
So the question is this:
I can use the hot add mode with storage p2000g3 hp sas?
- Product Manager
- Posts: 17267
- Liked: 1513 times
- Joined: Oct 26, 2012 3:28 pm
- Full Name: Vladimir Eremin
The common reasons of Hot Add failure can be found in the post you’ve referred to. Additionally, please be aware :
• That the role of Hot Add proxy can be only assigned to Windows based VM
• That the VMware tools have to be installed on this VM
• That this VM must have an access to the corresponding datastore
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests