Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
stmux
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: ja

Job Error After HD Expansion

Post by stmux »

Veeam B&R 9.5
vSphere 5.5
vm Windows 7 Ent

I had to expand a vm hard disk size from 50 GB to 80 GB. Provisioning was grayed out so I had to change the hard disk type from IDE to SCSI and was able to make the change. The vm boots fine. However, the original backup job failed even after deleting the vm and re-adding it to the job. So, I deleted the original job and created a new one but I get the following error:

5/9/2020 10:12:16 PM :: Failed to create processing task for VM WIN7ENT2 Error: Unable to cast object of type 'Veeam.Backup.ViSoap.CVirtualDevice' to type 'Veeam.Backup.ViSoap.CVirtualDisk'.

Any suggestions on how to deal with this. I have not had much luck in searching for this error.

Thanks,
mux
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2223 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Job Error After HD Expansion

Post by Mildur »

Never seen this error.
You have to go to veeam support. They need to analyze the logs

Forum Rule Number 1 :)
POSTING AN ERROR OR TECHNICAL ISSUE?
You must include Veeam support case ID, or your post will be removed
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
stmux
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: ja

Re: Job Error After HD Expansion

Post by stmux »

Thanks. I do appreciate your response.

About the number 1 rule. Sometimes problems can be resolved by those who have experienced and resolved a similar problem. Going straight to support only takes up support resources that may be relieved by a single question. I do appreciate admins here using common sense.
mux

Follow-up:
I was getting a error on boot about the CD being in a master/slave setup and to change the device node to (IDE)0:0. I changed the hard disk back to IDE, deleted the CD, then changed the hard disk back to scsi and recreated the CD. After that I rescanned the backup infrastructure in B&R and created a new job. That job ran perfectly.