- Posts: 16
- Liked: never
- Joined: Apr 18, 2012 3:35 pm
We need to move a VM (one off move) from Site A to Site B over an IPSEC VPN.
The WAN Links are 20mbps and 40mbps.
VM is just a backup DC on Server 2012, pretty much just the OS installed.
What is the best way to move this VM over? We have at most from Friday evening to Monday morning to ensure its done.
1) Cold Vmotion? (unsure if this will taker too long, or risk corruptions?)
2) Veeam? Take a backup, copy onto external HDD, physically take to Site B and restore?
3) VeeamZip or similar utility/tool?
- Posts: 212
- Liked: 35 times
- Joined: Feb 20, 2012 4:13 pm
- Full Name: Nick Mahlitz
- VP, Product Management
- Posts: 26659
- Liked: 2625 times
- Joined: Mar 30, 2009 9:13 am
- Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov