- Veeam Software
- Posts: 6
- Liked: never
- Joined: Oct 03, 2016 4:10 pm
- Full Name: Svyatoslav Vorona
I had a case 01971166 with following issue:
- During OtherOS restore customer experienced error 'Cannot find a mapping rule matching directory path [..]'
- Root cause was server re-install, because of it all block devices UUID had been changed
- Obviously as OtherOS FLR checking for block devices UUID and trying to find if it's mounted 'Restore' option failed, only 'Copy To' works.
This is the point the customer wants to let us know.
Feature request: If there is a way to make "Restore to original location" work even if the machine has been re-installed, that would be even better!
Because from user-perspective (user = machine owner), it's still the original location, in this case it is still /opt on svoarnarch02.
Otherwise, a more usable message, stating that the UUID's have been changed (perhaps re-map them?), would solve a big part of the problem...
If there is a way at least to warn customer what went wrong here (I mean more verbose error) so it will be good if we can consider it in next versions, because customer has a lot of questions at this point like:
- what's wrong with VMware?
- what's wrong with Veeam?
This is what customer asked me to do. Kindly please check this message. Thank you.
- Veeam Software
- Posts: 3643
- Liked: 640 times
- Joined: May 04, 2011 8:36 am
- Full Name: Andreas Neufert
- Location: Germany
This is already discussed with Product Management and they are aware of this situation and feature request.
Thank you for the feedback.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests