Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
peedee
Novice
Liked: never

Pure SafeMode Snapshot Warnings

Post by peedee »

We've recently enabled SafeMode on our Pure SAN snapshots. Basically it prevents deleting snapshots before a defined retention period. It's a ransomware mitigation so that even if an array is compromised, the data can't be deleted. Anyway, this means that Veeam can't delete snapshots as part of its jobs like it normally can. That was expected going in and not necessarily a problem. The problem is that it sends a warning after each backup job that utilizes snapshots. I realize that I can probably just uncheck send an email for "warning" events, but I'd like to get warnings if there are other warning triggers, so I'd prefer not to do that if there is another way. Is there a way to ignore only specific types of warnings, while still alerting on others, or is turning off warnings for snap-enabled jobs the only way to get around it? Would be a nice feature to have.
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Pure SafeMode Snapshot Warnings

Post by PetrM » 1 person likes this post

Hello,

There is no option to disable only the warning you're talking about but I agree it could be a feature request: to have an option to disable specific warnings. I cannot say now whether we'll implement it in one of our future releases or not but your request is noted.

Thanks!
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1408 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Re: Pure SafeMode Snapshot Warnings

Post by Andreas Neufert »

This will be addressed in v12 and a Pure new plug-in release at nearly same time.