Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
odge
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Matthew Ogden

Quick Migration failure in certain conditions.

Post by odge »

Quick Migration works flawlessly for me when I move a VM from one place to another.

I seem to have issues moving a VM with multiple Disks, when I define where the disks must be as different datastores. (In this case, the source was also different datastores).

What I also cant figure out, is the copy of the disks occurs instantly after the snapshot was made, and this is simply not possible to have moved 240GB on my SAN in 3 seconds. But the error only occurs later after is moved the suspend files.

Are there any known bugs with this (multiple source, and multiple destination datastores? I'm a bit lazy (terrible I know- but its Sat night) to report this as its not my function in the company do it, and its only going to come back with an answer for me in a few days (I wont need this by then).
odge
Veeam ProPartner

Re: Quick Migration failure in certain conditions.

Post by odge »

First problem found.. If a directory already exists like the one it was going to create.. it wont try use the directory. Instead it will try use the directory it would have liked to have.
For example directirt "VM" already exists, so it creates "VM_1" but then it sets up the item in vsphere pointing to "VM\VM.vmx" instead of "VM_1\VM.vmx".

still waiting on the next try.
odge
Veeam ProPartner

Post by odge »

yeah, something isn't right with the actual copy method, its a empty vmdk. The problem only occurs when setting different target datastores.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

We would appreciate if you could open a ticket with our support team and provide them with the corresponding logs, so that we can understand better the underlying issue and the way it can be addressed.

Thanks.