Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
George2014
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: George Fang

Replicate twice at exactly same time on every weekdays

Post by George2014 »

Hi All,

We have some virtual machines that need to be replicated twice at exactly the same time on every weekday. We schedule them to start one after the other which is easy. The hard part is to get the first virtual machine to start at exactly 12:00pm and 5:00pm every weekday. We try to select periodically every 5 hours together with time period covering 12:00pm to 6:00pm every weekday. But for some reason, it sometimes starts at 12:00pm and sometimes it starts at 1:00pm. The second one sometimes runs, sometimes does not. Does anyone have better ideas to get this to work properly?

Thanks,

George.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Replicate twice at exactly same time on every weekdays

Post by veremin »

Simple PS script being scheduled to take place twice a day should answer your requirements:

Code: Select all

Get-VBRJob -Name "Name of Job" | Start-VBRJob
Thanks.
George2014
Novice

Post by George2014 »

Thanks for the message. Sure the powershell seems to work. It only works after I figure out how to create a powershell script like this

add-pssnapin veeampssnapin
Start-VBRJob -Job "0 Eagle" -RunAsync

in a file and then set up the executionpolicy (RemoteSigned) correctly together with correct scheduled task to get the replication job to replicate twice every weekday at exactly the same time. This may be very easy for some powershell users, not for me. Plus, we did not even install veeam powershell addon initially and to get that installed correctly in windows server 2008 box is yet another thing (needs powershell version 2.0 for example). So I say some of the simple scenarios like this should work out of the box and that would help me and possibly some other customers as well. However it is a great product in all the other areas that I know of so far.

George.
George2014
Novice

Post by George2014 » 1 person likes this post

There is one more thing to this. Even if the script is correctly written as the following:

add-pssnapin veeampssnapin
Get-VBRJob -name "0 Eagle" | Start-VBRJob -RunAsync

It will not run through the task schedule until I googled to find out that it has to run as admin in windows server 2008.
http://forums.veeam.com/powershell-f26/ ... t6363.html

Hopefully this helps someone else like me.