- Posts: 17
- Liked: never
- Joined: Mar 29, 2012 11:04 am
Plans are now afoot to have a DR site so I'd like to replicate the business critical VMs to the DR Site.
I'm looking at using a single Host with AMD Processors.
This raises the following questions:
1) Will replication from Intel to AMD Processors work correctly?
2) What Veeam components do I need at the DR Site?
3) Do I need vCenter or can I just replicate to a Standalone host?
- Product Manager
- Posts: 16879
- Liked: 1430 times
- Joined: Oct 26, 2012 3:28 pm
- Full Name: Vladimir Eremin
Yes, it will.Will replication from Intel to AMD Processors work correctly?
Having at least one proxy server at the DR site is recommended in this case.What Veeam components do I need at the DR Site?
There is no need in vCenter at DR site, you can just replicate to a Standalone host.Do I need vCenter or can I just replicate to a Standalone host?
For the purpose of convenience you can also deploy additional VB&R server at your DR site, and let it be responsible for all remote replication jobs. Thus, in case of disaster all functionality (Failover, Failback and etc.) can be performed by DR VBR Server itself without any issues.
Hope this helps.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests