Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
stewsie
Veteran
Liked: 21 times
Full Name: Paul

SharePoint restore

Post by stewsie »

Hi

I am trying to test some SharePoint restores for a new service and am failing to connect with 401 error

I don't manage the SharePoint service but have provided the following to that person. This is from the v12 Veeam Explorers Guide

To restore data to on-premises Microsoft SharePoint organizations, you must grant the following roles and permissions to user accounts:

The account must be granted Full Control to connect to the target SharePoint server.
The account must be assigned either the Site Administrator or System Account role to restore user permissions.
If permissions of items being restored are inherited from the parent one, the account must be granted Full Control.
If permissions of items being restored are not inherited from the parent one and items being restored replace the existing ones, the account must be granted Contribute and Full Control.

Where do we grant Full Control as that doesn't appear to be an option in SharePoint 2016

Any advice before I open a support call?

Thanks
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: SharePoint restore

Post by PetrM » 1 person likes this post

Hi Paul,

Could you please elaborate a bit more why do you think that it's not an option in SharePoint 2016? According to this article the Full Control permissions level also applies to SharePoint 2016.

Thanks!
stewsie
Veteran
Liked: 21 times
Full Name: Paul

Re: SharePoint restore

Post by stewsie » 1 person likes this post

I have sent the link to my colleague. As mentioned I don't support the SharePoint service.

Thanks