- Posts: 15
- Liked: never
- Joined: Feb 24, 2013 10:41 am
i have a question regarding B&R design. We have :
- 3 R710 hosts with Vsphere ess.+
- 1 Equallogic SAN with 2.6 To
- 1 HP spare server (ML350 G5, bi-proc with 8 Go Ram, 2 NIC and 2.5 To ).
- 1 Vlan for ISCSI, 1 for VM, 1 VLAN dedicated to Management/Vcenter
I plan to use the HP server with the SAN backup feature. I'll use 1 NIC for ISCSI. Should the backup server be connected to the VM Network ?
Do you have any recommendations ?
- Product Manager
- Posts: 23846
- Liked: 1746 times
- Joined: Mar 30, 2009 9:13 am
- Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov
Your backup server should definitely be connected to VLAN dedicated to Management/vCenter Server traffic, while proxy server (HP server in your case) should also have access to VLAN for iSCSI (to retrieve data in direct SAN mode). As to the connection to VM network, then it is not required.
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 21 guests