Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
y0da
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: AP

[Resolved] Soap faul & Failed to upload disk. Agent failed to process method {DataTransfer.SyncDisk}

Post by y0da »

Code: Select all

0:34:28 	Error: Soap fault. Detail: '', endpoint: '' Failed to upload disk. Agent failed to process method {DataTransfer.SyncDisk}. 

Processing CD-NY-FS1 Error: Soap fault. Detail: '', endpoint: '' Failed to upload disk. Agent failed to process method {DataTransfer.SyncDisk}. 
The server has 5 hard drives and backups up 3 out of 4 with no issue. It is failing on 2 hard drives every time.

I am in the processing of vmotion'ing those 2 drives to another datastore then back to see if that helps. I have also rebooted the veeam backup server and associated proxies to see as well.

Case#: 03267101
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: Soap faul & Failed to upload disk. Agent failed to process method {DataTransfer.SyncDisk}

Post by wishr »

Hi y0da,

Could you please take a look at that thread while continue working with our support team? I believe your cases are similar.

Thank you.
y0da
Novice

Re: Soap faul & Failed to upload disk. Agent failed to process method {DataTransfer.SyncDisk}

Post by y0da »

Could be - hard to say. The DataTranfer.Sync disk elludes to many different things. After the vmotion though I will attempt a chkdsk on both disks. Granted they are literally 1 or 2 weeks old (not that that means anything).

Thank you
y0da
Novice

Post by y0da » 1 person likes this post

Veeam followed up with me - they suggested trying the vmotion first and seeing if that helps. Will take it from there and report back.
y0da
Novice

Post by y0da »

vMotioning the drive to another datastore allowed the backup to complete. I am currently moving it back to its original store and will report back to see if they are still successful.

One thing I noticed but it may have been my eyes playing tricks on me.... I believe this drive i moved had the same name xxxxx.vmdk as another hard drive on this server but they were in two different datastores - but after the migration it appears to be named properly..... not sure if this makes sense but I wanted to add that.
y0da
Novice

Post by y0da »

This worked. Now that it is back in the original datastore the job ran fine.

Again I only moved one problematic vmdk and moved it back and that solved the issue.

Not sure if it was bit rot cause the other drive was failed also, but all is well in the world again.
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Hi Y0da,

Glad to see it works now and thank you for sharing your feedback - it's highly appreciated!

BR,
Fedor