Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
ItDept_MMB
Lurker
Liked: never

SureBackup Error - CentOS 6.5 - Case # 02110675

Post by ItDept_MMB »

Hi everyone,
two weeks ago I added a new VM to one of my daily backup jobs.
I converted this server from P2V using VMware converter official tool.
My production environment is Vmware vSphere 6.0 U2b, vCenter server appliance 6.5 up to date, Veeam B&R 9.5 Update1.
The VM is a CentOS 6.5 server with open vmware tools installed and up to date and kernel version 2.6.32-431.11.2.el6.x86_64
I have a Virtual Lab in my infrastructure with basic configuration and all default settings.
When I run the Surebackup job for this VM server, Veeam gives me error result because can't see the VM booting in the allotted time.
The server has only one network interface, set to boot with the machine, static IP address and HWADDR line commented.
The production VM is working properly.
When Veeam publishes the backup VM, the vcenter server gives me a VM MAC conflict warning, but the surebackup VM is correctly booting in avery short time, and I can have access to it from the VMware console.
The second strange thing is that when I get control of the surebackup VM and I try to restart the network service I get this error:
Bringing up interface eth0: Device eth0 does not seem to be present, delaying initialization.
It seems to me that Veeam, when reconfiguring the VM for the SureBackup, doesn't add network interface on the eth0, or something like that.
Thank you for your help.

Alessandro
nielsengelen
Product Manager
Liked: 1181 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Re: SureBackup Error - CentOS 6.5 - Case # 02110675

Post by nielsengelen »

This is best handled by support as deeper investigation is probably needed.
Personal blog: https://foonet.be
GitHub: https://github.com/nielsengelen
kbergros
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Kenneth Bergholm

Post by kbergros »

Hi...

Have the same problem, has a case at Veeam but they say the problems is with vmware-tools and I should contact Vmware. But your description is exactly like my problem.
Did you get a solution for this?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

According to the OP's case, the issue was solved by setting the VM MAC address manually.