Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
mbroaders
Service Provider
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Martin Broaders

Surebackup Verification Rules - Tagging

Post by mbroaders »

I am hoping to the following will work, could someone verify if it does?

I want to create VMWare tags for Surebackup Roles (Web Server, SQL Server, DC etc) and use these tags for the Advanced Customization of machine roles in the Surebackup job configuration. I have multiple SureBackup jobs linked to different Backup Jobs. As i will be tagging virtual machines with the role tag that I am afraid that if i tag Virtual Machines with the role tag that aren't in the linked backup job of the SureBackup job that they will get included in the SureBackup somehow.

My hoped for behavior is that Veeam will only test the roles of Virtual Machines that are in the linked job and are tagged with a role. I would also expect Veeam to run standard ping tests/VMWare Tool tests of Virtual Machines that are in the linked job but not tagged with a SureBackup role. I want to ensure that Veeam doesn't test Virtual Machines that are either in a linked job or tagged with the SureBackup role. Is this the case?
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Re: Surebackup Verification Rules - Tagging

Post by Egor Yakovlev » 1 person likes this post

Hi Martin.

"Linked Jobs" tab listing will be the real source of VMs that SureBackup will process. So if you have multiple jobs there, each time SureBackup Job runs, we will discover each backup processed by each of the linked job, find latest restore point for each VM backup and verify it in the lab.
"Advanced" button allows you to alter default verification tests on a per-machine basis, but it will not alter the fact that VM will be processed.
Tagged or not, if VM is found in the Linked Jobs, it will be processed by SureBackup job.

/Thanks!
mbroaders
Service Provider
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Martin Broaders

Re: Surebackup Verification Rules - Tagging

Post by mbroaders »

Thanks Egor. Just needed that sanity check to be sure!