Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
spuehringer
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Stefan Puehringer

synthetic full - insufficient systen resources - server 2008

Post by spuehringer »

Hello,

I have a windows server 2008r2 server with 12GB RAM and Veeam BuR Trial.
The backup is operating without problems but on sunday when there will be processed the synthetic full i get the error:

I know the following kb article http://www.veeam.com/kb1175 and the microsoft article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304101/en-us

But i have a windows server 2008R2 and not a windows server 2000 or 2003.

Do you know a solution for server 2008R2?

Thanks for your help
Regards
Stefan

12.05.2014 00:36:26 :: CompileFIB failed
Client error: Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.
Failed to read data from the file [D:\Veeam\Techsoft-Cluster\Techsoft-Cluster2014-04-15T220148.vbk].
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2257 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: synthetic full - insufficient systen resources - server

Post by veremin »

Hi, Stefan,

As mentioned in the recent community digest, you might get the following issue while dealing with heavily fragmented backup file:
Gostev wrote:This issue with Windows-based backup repositories comes up in our support and on the forums quite often. Backups start failing with "The requested operation could not be completed due to a file system limitation" or "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service". This is NTFS issue hits large fragmented backup files > A heavily fragmented file in an NTFS volume may not grow beyond a certain size. Note that you need to format the volume after installing the hotfix with Format <Drive:> /FS:NTFS /L. The issue is addressed in Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8, however formatting the volume may still be necessary.
However, I doubt that your backup has fragmented that much, as you've been running backups only for a few weeks. Thus, I suggest you to open a ticket with our support team and let them investigate it directly.

Thanks.