Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
jb1095
Enthusiast
Liked: 10 times
Full Name: Jon Brite

Ten-Fold increase in backup performance with Nimble CS500

Post by jb1095 »

So we started our POC with our Nimble CS500 array this week and after all the boring testing, we finally moved a production server to the new array and backed it up.

To give you a little history, this is a VeeamOne server that has traditionally run slow(and backed up slow). Historical backups on our NetApp have been between 7MBs to 42MBs. This is right on par with most of our other backups in Veeam for the rest of our environment(all residing on our NetApp).

The backup speed for this same job on the Nimble array increased to 420MBs. Obviously, we were stunned. So stunned that I want to move our passive Exchange server to the Nimble, but sadly, it is Friday afternoon and I am not an idiot, this can wait until Monday. I will keep you all in the loop if you want and if anyone wants any more info regarding our setup or anything else, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks.
emachabert
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 168 times
Full Name: Eric Machabert

Re: Ten-Fold increase in backup performance with Nimble CS50

Post by emachabert »

Good to give such feedback.
You will even notice bigger numbers over time with such arrays (depending of the network configration).

I know when you are a NetApp customer that this kind of performance can be hard to believe, the truth is out there :lol:

You'll get used to it quickly :D :D :D
Veeamizing your IT since 2009/ Veeam Vanguard 2015 - 2023