Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
srebucci
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: vmware

Test a single machine off a backup job using Surebackup

Post by srebucci »

Hello everybody,
I've a problem using Surebackup.

I've splitted the Surebackup jobs that I run everyday in groups: Mail Server, Web Servers and so on.
My backup jobs of the web server is a 5 object jobs. My Web Servers Surebackup jobs include it and five other service machines.

The entire jobs takes an hour to run but I have a problem with a single machine: webserver5 that a RHEL 6.2. It says that the machine didn't start but if I look at the console during the job, it's up and running. I've debugged other issues like these and every time was not updated VMWare Tools or service that without other servers didn't startup.

This time I'm unable to debug the single machine because the backup job is a multi-machine job: I need to turn on only the webserver5. How could I do this?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Test a single machine off a backup job group using Sureb

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Simone, you need to create a separate SureBackup job for that, as there is no way to start VMs individually from a SureBackup jobs which contains multiple VMs, however as a workaround you can disable all verification checks for other VMs on the Role and Startup option settings. Thanks!
srebucci
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: vmware

Post by srebucci »

Hi Vitality, I've created a separated Surebackup job but I've inserted a multi-machine Backup job. In your sentence you mean Backup Job?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Sorry for not being precise enough, if you want to verify only single RHEL 6.2 VM, then create an Application group with this VM and do not link any backup jobs. Should be exactly what you're looking for.