Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
heavy
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times
Full Name: Thomas Müller

Two Issues with Linux File Level Restore

Post by heavy »

Hey there,

i just needed to restore a file from a Linux-VM an encountered two strange behaviors. Just want to check if that is "by design" or maybe just my misunderstanding.

1. In the Customize-dialog for the virtual helper aplliance, the last used network settings are shown but grayed out, DHCP-address ist checked. When i tick manual network settings, the previously shown settings disappear and i have to retpye them. Frustrating :-/

2. After stopping the FLR session, the helper-VM is unregistered but the NAS-datastore is still mounted. Once i start the next FLR Job, it fails because the NAS datastore cannot be attached. I have to manually unmount the datastore to start the next job. Equally frustrating :-/

Veeam Version is 9.5.0.823 btw.

After a good 3 hours, i finally have my file. Just using the wrong Restore point once and having a typo in the IP-configuration made me take more attempts than necessary.
Anyone encountered the same problems? Any good advice? Did i miss some documentation that covers my issues?

Cheers,
heavy
jmmarton
Veeam Software
Liked: 309 times
Full Name: Joe Marton

Re: Two Issues with Linux File Level Restore

Post by jmmarton »

I have not seen either of these two issues myself. I'd recommend opening a support ticket. Please post your ticket number here.

Joe
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Two Issues with Linux File Level Restore

Post by foggy »

The first one is a known issue, will be addressed in Update 2.