Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
howartp
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Peter Howarth

Update 2: Jobs not "finishing"

Post by howartp »

Hi.

Since I installed Update 2, I have found that jobs aren't finishing.

I did an FLR this morning which I restored and closed, but it stayed in "Running". I just right-click and stopped this one.

However I did a 10TB files to tape backup (for data archiving) on Tuesday which got to 99% on Wednesday and reports "Job finished with warning at 24/05/2017 19:16:24" in the statistics of the job - but it's still in the running state at 99%.

The warning is because "Volume E: has 20 problems. Details: The handle is invalid" whatever that means. Fortunately my important data on D: was backed up, which meant I could clear it from the disks; volume E is the VMware .vbk files but not one which should be being modified or held - it's a month old with 7 days chains meaning there's 3 more .vbk's since then.

Peter
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Update 2: Jobs not "finishing"

Post by foggy »

Hi Peter, what if you try to re-open the Veeam B&R console? Does it show the correct jobs status then?
howartp
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Peter Howarth

Post by howartp »

Hi foggy.

Interesting you should say that because I did notice at some point in the last couple of days that the 99% job had disappeared - then it reappeared again next time I looked.

The vast (95%) number of times I access B&R is via RDP to the server, then using the console on that RDP session.

I've just logged on now via RDP (to the existing session), closed the console and reopened it - and the job has disappeared again.

Peter
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Similar behavior was already reported a couple of times, so please open the case with our technical support for closer investigation.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6702 times

Post by Gostev »

As far as I know it is merely UI issue that triggers when a console stays open for a long time, so simply refreshing the node (F5) should work too.