Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
pkelly_sts
Veteran
Liked: 66 times
Full Name: Paul Kelly

v7 Scheduling replica job after backup/copy job?

Post by pkelly_sts »

Now that I'm in the process of removing my secondary backup jobs & replacing them with v7 copy jobs, I'd like to know the best way to schedule the remaining replica jobs to avoid too much line contention.

I essentially now have 3 backup jobs & three matching replica jobs. I'd like to schedule each replica job to start after the similar (local) backup job, but if I set the timing as "start after other job", will it kick in after the job itself, or the copy job tagged onto it?

Hopefully my badly worded question makes sense! :)

Paul
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: v7 Scheduling replica job after backup/copy job?

Post by foggy »

Paul, it will be triggered right after the job you select in the drop-down list has completed and will be performed irrespective of the corresponding backup copy job. Thanks.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Also, it’s not possible to specify replication job after backup copy job, since the latter has “continuous” schedule.

Thanks.
pkelly_sts
Veteran
Liked: 66 times
Full Name: Paul Kelly

Post by pkelly_sts »

OK thanks. I could see that it couldn't be tagged behind a copy job, looked at that first.

I think I might just hard-schedule the replicas plenty later for now, then wait for the new normal jobs to settle into v7 & get an idea for their runtime.

I have to say, I'm loving v7 so far! It's not without its "quirks" (like only seeding a copy job from a *single* .vbk file - this is a bit of a pain to arrange in some circumstances) but overall I'm really enjoying tweaking things!

Paul