- Service Provider
- Posts: 19
- Liked: 1 time
- Joined: Feb 28, 2018 9:06 am
- Full Name: Aldis Kesans
We are Data center which offers vCloud resources for customers. At the same time customers use our Veeam Backup Enterprise manager self-service portal and backs up/restores VM's in their organization. So far everything is cool. We have multiple customers using this and the number is growing, but we are lacking some features and struggling with reports. Ordered by importance.
1. Get nice reports per customer=organization for backed up VM's and used repository storage. Veeam ONE does not offer this. For now we export protected VM's and count manually for each organization and then we export the storage usage from Configuration- vCloud - export. So as you can see a lot of manual work...
2. Create and tie a customer's name when adding a vCloud organization to Veeam. This customer name should appear in all reports. For now in reports we can see every only organization name before every backup job's name and it is the only way we can separate and count VM's per customer. But for the reports that organization name can be meaningless and again - a lot of manual work to tie using for customer...
3. Limit VM count for backups per customer/organization the same way we limit backup repository.
4. Create only read-only permissions for customers/organizations in Veeam Enterprise manager which is tied to vCloud. For example, customer uses our vCloud resources and wants to that VM's are backed up by Veeam. All the backup administration they want to left to us, but they should be able to monitor the usage/reports, status. For now i can assign only 4 tenant job scheduling options...
5. Assign multiple backup repositories (at the moment we have scale-out which has many extant's).
IT system administrator
Veeam Certified Engineer
- SVP, Product Management
- Posts: 24793
- Liked: 3524 times
- Joined: Jan 01, 2006 1:01 am
- Location: Baar, Switzerland
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests