- Posts: 6
- Liked: never
- Joined: Apr 11, 2018 12:39 pm
- Full Name: Genesh Subhash
1. Once a virtual machine has been replicated, can the replicant server be left powered on?
2. As part of the replication process can the machine name be changed so, it is different from the source machine?
- Veeam Software
- Posts: 3820
- Liked: 687 times
- Joined: May 04, 2011 8:36 am
- Full Name: Andreas Neufert
- Location: Germany
By default the VM replication VM target needs to stay always offline. If online changes will be written to the VM and replication could not handle the situation.
In case of an emergency you can do a failover in Veeam. This allows you later to failback and commit failback within Veeam (replicate only the change back).
Or in case the whole Veeam infrastructure is down, you can just enable the replication VM or select one of the snapshots to boot this restore point.
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 8 guests