Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
stormlight
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: JG

Veeam skipping vm proxy hot add and going to network backup

Post by stormlight »

Hello, is there anyway to force a hot add backup job?

I have a vm that is on a NFS storage device that all esx host can see.

My veeam proxy server seems to see that direct san is not available and goes write to network mode skipping hot add.

3/7/2012 3:00:53 PM :: Direct SAN connection is not available, failing over to network mode...

It seems that I meet all the criteria for a hot add to run after the job skips the direct san mode located here

thanks
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Veeam skipping vm proxy hot add and going to network bac

Post by Gostev »

Hi, sure. Just open the backup proxy settings, and force the proxy to the virtual appliance processing mode. Thanks!
stormlight
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: JG

Post by stormlight »

I think I asked the wrong question:

I have 2 veeam servers. 1 physical veeam box that has direct san access and 1 virtual veeam server.

All jobs are set on the veeam physical box. The veeam vm is listed as a proxy in the copy of veeam on the physical host.

The job I am running is trying to back up a vm that is on NFS storage. In that job the backup proxy setting is set to automatic.

I have two problems

1.Veeam sees that its not direct to san and starts network back up ignoring the fact that it could have been sent to the vmProxy that could have done the virtual appliance process mode for the VM.
2. When I force the job to the proxy the proxy is also skipping virtual appliance mode and using network. (When i force virtual appliance mode on the proxy it does virtual appliance mode)

Auto mode seems to be failing on multiple levels.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

OK, in that case please open a support case and provide us with the debug logs so we could see why exactly the auto mode is failing for you. If we find any issues with the logic, we will be able to address that in the next update. Thank you!