Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
m4ttc
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Matt Chamberlain

Veeam7 Backup Copy Job Advice

Post by m4ttc »

Hi

I've been going through the knowledge bases and forum trying to work out the best way to use the Backup copy function in Veeam7 to replace a vb script we use but i'm still struggling.

For each job I have I need to keep 90 days worth of the full backup, currently we have a VB script that takes the latest VBK file and copies it to another location.

How should I be setting up the backup copy job so that I can backup the closest restore point of a backup job at say 22:00 on Sunday and then keep 13 of them (91 days). The other catch is that I need the backup copy job to run on Monday during office hours so as not to affect any of the backup jobs whilst they're running. (hope that's clear :? )

Any advice would be great

Thanks

Matt
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Veeam7 Backup Copy Job Advice

Post by foggy »

m4ttc wrote:How should I be setting up the backup copy job so that I can backup the closest restore point of a backup job at say 22:00 on Sunday and then keep 13 of them (91 days).
Am I understanding right, that you need to keep 3 months worth of weekly fulls? For that you can enable GFS retention in the the backup copy job and set it to keep 13 weekly backups. You can also set the synchronization interval to 7 days so that the job does not copy incrementals during the week.
m4ttc wrote:The other catch is that I need the backup copy job to run on Monday during office hours so as not to affect any of the backup jobs whilst they're running. (hope that's clear :? )
This can be achieved by specifying the required backup window for the backup copy job at the Schedule step of the job wizard.