- Posts: 31
- Liked: 3 times
- Joined: Jan 09, 2014 7:22 pm
- Full Name: Fabio Vasco
We are in need to stand up a virtual lab in order to test some patches on some of our production VMs. I went through and configured the virtual lab along with an application group (4 VMs). So far so good. When the Surebackup job runs, the first VM boots but is incredible slow. So sluggish, I cant see running all four VMs and then proceed to do our work such as applying patches. Our backup repository is an EMC Data Domain, and based on my CPU/Network stats for this device, I am assuming the VM is running off this device which is not good for performance.
[*] Is it possible for Surebackup to restore the VMs to a chosen datastore and run the VMs from there?
[*] Is there another explanation for the sluggish performance?
- Product Manager
- Posts: 23858
- Liked: 1751 times
- Joined: Mar 30, 2009 9:13 am
- Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov
1. You can redirect the changes that will be written during Instant VM recovery/SureBackup process, however if you want to start VMs from not a dedupe storage, you should move your backup files manually.
2. Please see existing topics on this > http://forums.veeam.com/search.php?st=0 ... surebackup
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 28 guests