Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
Stabz
Veeam Legend
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Philippe DUPUIS

Virtual Lab network limitation

Post by Stabz »

Hello guys,

One question I m configuring virtual lab. I got the following error message "Virtual lab supports maximum of 9 networks by defaut. If you need to add more networks, please contact support".

After confirming this limitation with the helpcenter "https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=110" do you have a solution to add more networks?
Or I have to open a case.
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1407 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Re: Virtual Lab network limitation

Post by Andreas Neufert »

The limitation comes from the VMware maximum network card limitation. The virtual lab appliance has one network card to the outside and up to 9 network cards within the lab.

Not sure about the support message. But as it said in the error message. "If you need to add more networks, please contac support". Maybe they have more options or some workarounds.

If you do not need all networks together, you can as well create multiple labs for it covering only a specific count of networks per lab.
Stabz
Veeam Legend
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Philippe DUPUIS

Re: Virtual Lab network limitation

Post by Stabz »

I ll open a case :), maybe they ll have a workaround.

Yes I know, it just that create virtual lab it's really boring and time consuming, and I have some jobs where my vms are mixed together
I have to find a way to export and reimport configuration or made some automatisation with powershell.