Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
ori
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Ori Besser

Virtual Lab - problem with vPower NFS

Post by ori »

Hello,
I have 3 backup repositories in my environment, 1 of them is the Veeam backup server itself, all of them are also configured with vPowerNFS.
I am trying to create a virtual lab. In the wizard I don't see any option to choose which NFS server to use, finally it automatically chooses itself and fails because currently the firewall is blocking the nfs ports between the esxi server and the nfs server.

How can I direct it to use another vPower NFS server?
I have removed the repository feature from the backup server, but now the virtual lab immediately fails, and not trying to use any of the other repository servers.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Virtual Lab - problem with vPower NFS

Post by foggy »

Ori, the server specified as vPowerNFS server in the settings of the repository storing the involved backup file is selected. By default, it is the repository server itself, however you can specify alternative server in the repository settings.
nefes
Veeam Software
Liked: 162 times
Full Name: Nikita Efes

Post by nefes »

Please be aware, that repository and NFS servers should be at the same site (in other words, have fast connection between them).
ori
Enthusiast

Post by ori »

foggy wrote:Ori, the server specified as vPowerNFS server in the settings of the repository storing the involved backup file is selected. By default, it is the repository server itself, however you can specify alternative server in the repository settings.
OK, but it is not happening in my case, it insists on choosing the "default repository server" which is created by default on the Veeam backup server during the installation of the product.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Have you checked the vPowerNFS settings for other repositories? What server is specified as vPowerNFS server for them?
ori
Enthusiast

Post by ori »

For all repositories, the NFS server is the repository server itself.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

I suggest contacting support to take a closer look at your setup. As far as I can tell, those repositories should be used as vPowerNFS servers.