- Posts: 2
- Liked: never
- Joined: Jul 30, 2018 9:04 am
- Full Name: Alex Mischenko
I would ask about migration between vCenters.
Offsite replication, https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... tml?ver=95
- Installed Veeam server\Console on the destination vCenter
- Installed backup proxy on destination vCenter and on source vCenter
- Open 2500-5000 port between proxy https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... tml?ver=95
- Create a replication job and choose the source and the target proxy on the data transfer tab
- On the destination VeeamConsole extract VM to dest vCenter
One security questions
- Do source proxy will know about vCenter destination creadentials?
- Do I need add the source vCenter also in my Veeam console? (need their login\credentials)
- Posts: 1944
- Liked: 245 times
- Joined: Dec 01, 2016 3:49 pm
- Full Name: Dmitry Grinev
- Location: St.Petersburg
You should add both vCenter servers in the infrastructure of Veeam B&R, so it can manage all backup and replication related operations including credential management.
Backup Proxies know nothing about credentials, since its primary role to compress and move VM data. Thanks!
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests