Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
pkelly_sts
Veteran
Liked: 66 times
Full Name: Paul Kelly

Why queued for processing for 8 mins?

Post by pkelly_sts »

When there are *no* other tasks in progress?

I'm in the process of a migration from old to new hosts, doing a "Planned Failover" but took the precaution of shutting down the VMs anyway prior to any changes as we have the outage window but I'm plagued with repeated "Queued for processing" for around 8 mins despite nothing whatsoever else in progress on the Veeam environment.

Even checking the logs it just sits there with one of the last lines being "waiting for resource availability".

Rather annoying but useless for me to log a case right now as it'll all be over (only 5 VMs) by the time they're able to respond so thought I'd ask here whilst I'm sitting here tapping my fingers waiting for each VM...

As a second aside, as the VM is already powered off, it'd be nice if the Planned failover recognised this & didn't bother doing a second replication, thus taking yet another 8 mins for it to start, only for it to have nothing further to replicate :-/
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Why queued for processing for 8 mins?

Post by foggy »

Hi Paul, not sure regarding the first one, still need to look into logs for possible reasons. The second one looks like a valid feature request.