- Posts: 33
- Liked: 2 times
- Joined: Mar 19, 2016 5:39 pm
- Full Name: Hari Seldon
I am moving offline VMs from the old Host to the new Host
The fastest way I have found is power off the VMs and use VBRfree9.5 to copy+paste folders of virtual machines to the new host
Versus... "VMware vCenter Converter Standalone"
(yes I have SSL disabled on worker service)
The difference in moving data (and I am strictly MOVING data, no reconfiguration) is astounding:
1) VM conversion using VMware Converter = up to 13.96 MB/s
2) VM copy+paste using VBRfree9.5 = up to 90+ MB/s
keep in mind I'm a home power user, so speeds indicate that I am using SATA3 drives by Western Digital "Gold"
Why is VBRfree9.5 so much faster for moving data?
- Veeam Software
- Posts: 4086
- Liked: 745 times
- Joined: May 04, 2011 8:36 am
- Full Name: Andreas Neufert
- Location: Germany
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 10 guests