Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
SuperMRSommer
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Moritz Sommer

Windows 7 Backup Failed

Post by SuperMRSommer »

Hello Everybody :)

Here is my next problem

Failed to index guest file system. Veeam Guest Agent is not started
Failed to inventory guest system: Veeam Guest Agent is not started
Failed to prepare guest for hot backup. Error: Failed to connect to guest agent. Errors: 'Cannot connect to the host's administrative share. Host: [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]. Account: []. Win32 error:Die Vertrauensstellung zwischen dieser Arbeitsstation und der primären Domäne konnte nicht hergestellt werden. Code: 1789 '
Error: Failed to connect to guest agent. Errors: 'Cannot connect to the host's administrative share. Host: [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]. Account: []. Win32 error:Die Vertrauensstellung zwischen dieser Arbeitsstation und der primären Domäne konnte nicht hergestellt werden. Code: 1789 '

Has anyone a idea

Cheers

SuperMRSommer
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Windows 7 Backup Failed

Post by veremin »

So, you’re using Application Aware Image Processing functionality, right? May I ask you to verify the credentials that are provided for this option; be sure to specify there an account with local administrator privileges. Also, you might want to connect from any machine to the remote Admin share of the VM in question and later re-run the job again.

Thanks.
SuperMRSommer
Influencer

Post by SuperMRSommer »

v.Eremin wrote:So, you’re using Application Aware Image Processing functionality, right? May I ask you to verify the credentials that are provided for this option; be sure to specify there an account with local administrator privileges. Also, you might want to connect from any machine to the remote Admin share of the VM in question and later re-run the job again.

Thanks.
Yeeah you right i using Application Aware Image Processing functionality

i dont know why veeam backup would connect from any machine to the remote Admin share of the VM
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

Veeam application aware image processing/indexing uses run-time process that is deployed on administrative share and instructs Windows VSS to freeze application prior to snapshot taking. And it’s deleted afterwards, once the backup task is finished.

So, general troubleshooting steps include the following:

1) Ensuring that specified account has required privileges.
2) Trying to connect to remote administrative share from different machine and, then, re-runing the job.

Hope this helps.
Thanks
SuperMRSommer
Influencer

Post by SuperMRSommer »

1) The used Account is our Domain Administrator and has de required privileges. Its only this machine, which brings me into a fail
2) i tried to connect to remote administrative share from different machine, but no one succeded -.-
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

Do you mean that you wasn’t able to connect to remote administrative share of the VM from different machine, or that after performing the said step the job still keeps failing? Thanks.
SuperMRSommer
Influencer

Post by SuperMRSommer »

i cant connect to remote administrative share of the VM from different machine
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

This is a root cause of the above mentioned problem that has nothing to with VB&R itself. Because the connection to administrative share of this VM can’t be established, the run-time process can’t be run on it and the AAIP keeps failing.

So, this issue should be addressed first before the indexing functionality can be put into use. Thanks.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Moritz, looks like your Windows 7 VM has some issues with domain authentication. Try to re-join this VM to the domain, should help. Thank you!