Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
leithm
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Leith Magon

creating a reference point - scheduled

Post by leithm »

Hi,

Been having this issue for a while. I'm not sure it's service affecting. I've not encountered this problem before. the only thing I'm doing differently with this failover cluster is off-host backup proxy (san is doing the snaps in a hyper-v environment)

Happens to VMs whether Hyper-V replication is enabled or not so I can only assume it is Veeam Backup & off-host backup proxy causing the issue. Does anyone have any insights or ideas around troubleshooting?

I'll raise with Technical Support if required

https://ibb.co/tmLbZ6w

Thanks
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2889 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: creating a reference point - scheduled

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
his failover cluster is off-host backup proxy
enough said :-) It's hard to get off-host proxies working over a longer period of time. There are too many moving parts in that construct (Windows patchlevel, storage hardware VSS provider, storage firmware, Hyper-V version...). Recommendation: go with on-host proxy.

And yes... as you say, it's a technical issue. Please provide a support case ID for this issue, as requested when you click New Topic.

Without case number, the topic will eventually be
deleted by moderators

Best regards,
Hannes
leithm
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Leith Magon

Re: creating a reference point - scheduled

Post by leithm »

Hi Hannesk,

Thanks for the reply. I'm raising with technical support now. I'll never go back to on-host backup in a Hyper-V environment. Being able to provide a consistent level of performance on the clustered nodes at all times is too tough to pass up!