VeeamOne host removal

Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting

VeeamOne host removal

Veeam Logoby jb1095 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:10 pm

Since we created a new vcenter on each site, I went into VeeamOne Monitor and right clicked the old vcenter and selected remove. It sat there at "deleting" for about 30 minutes. I closed the web browser and launched it again only to see the same thing. After 30 more minutes, I tried a reboot to see if that would change anything and now it will not even connect at all. When I launch the web client now I get the following error.

"Unable to process request because database is disconnected." I also am unable to do a repair install as it is unable to stop the services. Is VeeamOne doing something right now due to the host removal? It almost seems like it is crawling thru the database or something and that I just need to wait it out but I don't know. How long does a typical host removal usually take?
jb1095
Enthusiast

Liked: 10 times
Full Name: Jon Brite

Re: VeeamOne host removal

Veeam Logoby Shestakov » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:28 pm

It`s difficult to say without logs` review what exactly happened in your situation and what process by what reason was interrupted.
So, please contact Veeam technical support for the detailed investigation.
In general removal duration depends on the database size. What was the size of your SQL database?
P.S. Just tested server removal in my lab and it took around a minute(I had around 1 GB of data).
Shestakov
Veeam Software

Liked: 394 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Return to Monitoring