Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
jb1095
Enthusiast
Liked: 10 times
Full Name: Jon Brite

VeeamOne host removal

Post by jb1095 »

Since we created a new vcenter on each site, I went into VeeamOne Monitor and right clicked the old vcenter and selected remove. It sat there at "deleting" for about 30 minutes. I closed the web browser and launched it again only to see the same thing. After 30 more minutes, I tried a reboot to see if that would change anything and now it will not even connect at all. When I launch the web client now I get the following error.

"Unable to process request because database is disconnected." I also am unable to do a repair install as it is unable to stop the services. Is VeeamOne doing something right now due to the host removal? It almost seems like it is crawling thru the database or something and that I just need to wait it out but I don't know. How long does a typical host removal usually take?
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: VeeamOne host removal

Post by Shestakov »

It`s difficult to say without logs` review what exactly happened in your situation and what process by what reason was interrupted.
So, please contact Veeam technical support for the detailed investigation.
In general removal duration depends on the database size. What was the size of your SQL database?
P.S. Just tested server removal in my lab and it took around a minute(I had around 1 GB of data).
pufferdude
Expert
Liked: 15 times
Full Name: Jim

Post by pufferdude »

I just ran into this on a VeeamOne 9.5 server... I added a 6.5 vCenter to my environment because I couldn't upgrade the existing 5.5 appliance (long story) and when I went into Monitor and deleted the old vcenter, it sat there doing nothing for 45+ minutes (the old vcenter was italicized and grayed-out, but it never went away). Then I rebooted and now I get the "Unable to process request because database is disconnected" error when launching VeeamOne Monitor.

The server is also running like crap... really sluggish. Barely any CPU or network traffic, but lots of disk for SQL Server. I think VeeamOne must be deleting every record in the db ONE BY ONE related to the old vcenter, in some terribly inefficient manner.
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

Hello,
Could you contact the support team for assistance and issue investigation?
By the way, are you on VeeamOne 9.5 or VeeamOne 9.5 update 2?
Thanks!
pufferdude
Expert
Liked: 15 times
Full Name: Jim

Post by pufferdude »

After letting is sit for 2 hours it finally finished cleaning up the deleted host and everything went back to normal... so not sure I could provide any useful info for them at this point. It does look like the delete option for an entire vcenter just happens in a very inefficient manner. (I'm on 9.5Update2 to answer your other question.)
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

Good to know it finally works.
Everything should be logged, so support still can help.