Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
apcwol
Novice
Liked: never

Can't install 7.0R2 on client

Post by apcwol »

Upgraded our server to 919, but my client won't run the R2 update. I'm running 7.0.0.876, seeing the server version mismatch error. When I run the R2 update, installer tells me Patch 1 cannot be installed. Please close Veeam ONE Monitor client and try again.

Installer is the only program running. Is there a process the installer checks for that I can possibly kill? Monitor client is not running, I promise.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Can't install 7.0R2 on client

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Can you please confirm that no Veeam processes are running on this machine? Have you checked other users information that are logged in to the same server?
apcwol
Novice

Post by apcwol »

Confirmed no Veeam processes running. Unless there is a veeam process that doens't have 'veeam' anywhere in it. (pslist | find "veeam") shows nothing.

Other users were able to run the update and connect to the new Veeam One server.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Can you please remove the existing client and try to run a clean install?
apcwol
Novice

Post by apcwol »

I've tried that twice so far. The second time around manually deleting all Veeam registry entries that were left behind and ensuring that no other software is running while the re-installations took place.

Do you know what the installer is looking for when it tells me the Veeam One client is running during installation? Is it possible I have a piece of software that looks like veeam or meets the criteria the update is looking for when it runs its checks?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

I have just talked with our setup guys and they told me that during upgrade the install package checks whether you have Monitor.exe process running or not. If it is not, then the upgrade process continues. Hope this helps!
apcwol
Novice

Post by apcwol »

Done! Even without initiating the Monitor app, monitor.exe was running. Killed the process and R2 is installed.

Thanks!
IDATAAB
Influencer
Full Name: Jeff Wilson

Post by IDATAAB »

I had the same problem - Veeam One Monitor.exe was not running, BUT - I have an HP ProBook Laptop and HP's app for the laptop's web camera monitor.exe *32 was running. Killed it and the installation started.
Regnor
Veeam Software
Liked: 287 times
Full Name: Max

Post by Regnor »

At my current installation the Dell UPS monitor(monitor.exe) prevented the installation of Veeam One.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Ahh...the same name for the process, thanks for sharing! Great catch!