PowerShell script exchange
jake1110
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Jake Ernst

Enable vPower NFS on an Existing Repository

Post by jake1110 »

Here's the quick rundown of what I'm trying to do. I have 250+ remote sites, each of these have hosts and backup locally. Therefore, I have 250+ repositories. When I scripted the whole installation, job and repository setup, I forgot one small omission, the mountserver option on the repository. I've been trying to find an easy way to modify it and I can't. Maybe I'm just completely overlooking something.

The last attempt I made was to use Get-VBRRepository and then I attempted to set the MountHostId to the correct GUID, but of course, that property is read only.

Is there a quick way to modify these repositories? Like I said, I'm essentially wanting to just check the enable vPower NFS box. Thanks for any help provided!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Enable vPower NFS on an Existing Repository

Post by veremin »

Currently, it seems impossible to change these settings via PowerShell. At least, I haven't been able to find a way. Though, it could be achievable via direct interactions with SQL database.

So, you might want to open a ticket with our support team and see whether they will be able to assist you in this situation.

Thanks.
jake1110
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Jake Ernst

Post by jake1110 »

Thanks for the info! I won't spin my wheels on this anymore.

I might just let this one sit still for a few months as I'll have some interns who can do the work manually:) Guess it depends on how often restores are requested
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Currently, we're working on improving PS snapin functionality. Chances are, this problem will be fixed in the upcoming release.

So, thank you for the feedback; much appreciated.