Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
Dacuy
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Dennis Uy

Back up to Tape

Post by Dacuy »

Hello
About Veeam Back up and Replication v7's Backup-to-tape (as oppposed to File-to-tape): does the Tape job stop if the Backup job it is linked to starts running again? I know that a back up to tape job will not run if the linked backup job is still running but consider a situation where: TapeJobA is linked to BackupJobA. BackupJobA isnt running, so TapeJobA starts ok and runs overnight fine. The following day, BackupJobA starts as per its schedule, but TapeJobA hasnt finished yet. Lets assume TapeJobA is only configured for Full backups, not incrementals.
This has happened to me but I am unsure if I am doing anything wrong or if this is just how Backup-To-Tape works. My workaround is using the File-To-Tape feature but I want to go back to using Backup-to-tape.
Dennis
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Back up to Tape

Post by veremin »

Hi, Dennis,

It depends on the backup mode used by "source" backup job. In case of forward incremental mode, the tape job should proceed without any issues. Meanwhile, in case of reversed incremental, it should be interrupted.

Thanks.
Dacuy
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Dennis Uy

Post by Dacuy »

Thanks!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

You're welcome. Feel free to ask, if any additional clarification is needed. Thanks.