Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
jblaydes
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Joey BLaydes

Will Veeam Work for my company

Post by jblaydes »

I'm in the process of seeking out a replacement for VRanger. I'm looking at Veeam to see if it would work for my enviroment.

Our Main Office has 3 Vsphere host with many virtual servers and a few Physical servers.
We want to have local backups to disk.

Also we want to be able to replicate all of our VMs to our DR site.
Our DR site has 2 VSphere host
Our DR site does not contain any production systems at this time.

At the DR site, I want to be able to power on the VMs in an isolated VLAN for random testing and assurance of the replicas.
I want to know that if our Main site went KaBoom or flooded, then I could bring up all critical servers... in the DR site manually.

Would I need a Veeam Server at both locations and a proxy at both locations? In short, what would the Veeam infrastructure look like?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6719 times

Re: Will Veeam Work for my company

Post by Gostev » 1 person likes this post

You will definitely need proxies in both locations. As far as Veeam server, you can go with the single Veeam server (preferably in DR site), or in both sites (in Main Office to manage your backups, and in DR site to manage replication and failover).

And you don't need to do manual random testing with Veeam, as we provide SureBackup recoverability testing functionality that can be configured to test every VM, every restore point, every time in the fully automated manner. It also provides managed isolated sandbox to ensure this testing does not affect production.

Thanks.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Will Veeam Work for my company

Post by veremin » 1 person likes this post

If you stick with "two backup server" deployment, you might want to install Enterprise Manager server that will control two backup servers, giving you required visibility across them. Thanks.