Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
deduplicat3d
Expert
Liked: 12 times
Full Name: Corey

Email Alerting Issues

Post by deduplicat3d »

Hi,

I recently upgraded from 6.5 to 7.0R2. After the upgrade, I noticed that I wasn't getting email alerts. I checked the SMTP settings, and they appeared to have reset so I fixed them and added the appropriate email configured for all alerts. I ran a test email and it was successful. I still noticed that email alerts were not coming through on new events. I manually resolved an alert, however, and got an email.

Corey
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Email Alerting Issues

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Corey,
deduplicat3d wrote:I recently upgraded from 6.5 to 7.0R2. After the upgrade, I noticed that I wasn't getting email alerts. I checked the SMTP settings, and they appeared to have reset so I fixed them and added the appropriate email configured for all alerts.
Thanks for the heads up, I have forwarded this info to our QC team, though I'm pretty sure my update didn't reset SMTP settings.
deduplicat3d wrote: I still noticed that email alerts were not coming through on new events. I manually resolved an alert, however, and got an email.
Not sure I got this. Can you please clarify? Did you receive email notification for a resolve status but not for new triggered alarms?

Thanks!
deduplicat3d
Expert

Post by deduplicat3d »

I am not getting any for triggered alarms. I only seem to get resolved alarms when I resolve manually.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Corey, what actions do you have in alarms config? Do you see email notifications option added to the alarm setting?
deduplicat3d
Expert

Post by deduplicat3d »

Sorry for not responding. I had Veeam ONE installed on the same server as B&R. I moved B&R to another server on an unrelated project. As soon as I removed B&R from the Server ONE is one, email alerts imediately came back.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hmm... that is really strange. We do share the same library to send email notifications in B&R and ONE, but I haven't heard about this kind of issues. I will pass this info to our QC team. Thanks!