Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
Sezam
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Adrian Korzystko

Moving backup jobs between two Veeam installations?

Post by Sezam »

Hello,

Here is my scenario:

I have Veeam01 machine with Veeam B&R software installed which is backing up virtual machines from Hyper-V host HV01 to repository on network storage device NAS01.

I have another machine called Veeam02 with Veeam B&R software and I need now that machine to manage all the backups from the same HV01 Hyper-V host to the same repository on NAS01.
Is it possible to move all the jobs from Veeam01 to Veeam02?

It would be nice to do this and perhaps just do some modifications to all the jobs rather than recreating all the jobs from scratch on Veeam02.

Regards,
Adrian
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Moving backup jobs between two Veeam installations?

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

Adrian, do you want to keep the jobs/configuration that are currently being performed by the Veeam02 server (if any)? If yes, then the only way to move jobs is to re-create them on the Veeam02 server and then map to existing backup files. Otherwise, if this is going to be a brand new Veeam B&R server, then you can utilize configuration export/import functionality that will transfer entire Veeam01 server configuration to the Veeam02 server.
Sezam
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Adrian Korzystko

Post by Sezam »

Unfortunately I have already a few running jobs on Veeam02 which I want to preserve, however there only a few jobs there while there is over 30 jobs on Veeam01, so I'm thinking it might be worth the effort of losing configuration of Veeam02 and recreating the few jobs.

Thank you for quick answer, that was the answer I was looking for.

Adrian
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Yes, in this case I would also go this way. Btw, you could also involve Powershell for some automation here.